- This event has passed.
Hands-on in the Garden
June 3, 2017 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
For complete beginners and those who still have questions… a garden program featuring Bruce Crawford, of Rutgers Gardens
Bruce Crawford of Rutgers Gardens will open the afternoon with an enthusiastic talk about vegetable gardening.
In addition to Bruce’s talk, Master Gardeners will be present to answer questions, help with finding relevant information, and sell soil test kits.
Live, hands-on demonstrations will include the following topics:
- How to read a plant label and select appropriate plants for your site
- Learn what “full sun,” “part shade” and “shade” actually mean
- How and when to plant- annuals, perennials, shrubs and trees
- What are compost and mulch, and why they are important
- How to water your plants and landscape
- Deer management as practiced at MEG
PLEASE NOTE- This program will not address lawns. Check our brochure for the August lawn renovation program.
Pre-registration for this program is recommended.
*Pre-registration by email at firstname.lastname@example.org is the preferred method of signing up for programs unless otherwise noted; or call the Extension Office at 609-989-6830 during business hours.
Free parking available at all program and event locations.
All Events are rain or shine.
Printable copy of our 2017 Gardening Programs and Events brochure